Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Monday


Hi everyone. Happy news to report: we got an awesome recliner yesterday for only $25.00. A friend/coworker of my mom's had it from her grandmother and let me buy it. We went to Morris to pick it up yesterday and looks brand new. There were even tags still on it. It is a maroon big one that matches the den great. I am so happy for it and appreciate the deal so much. I have been dying for one for a while but would (or could) not finance it. I actually fell asleep in it yesterday afternoon. Man, that's some good sleep!! And I feel so much better a/b having it for Matt's surgery on the 5th. Now we can prop his right arm up and he can be comfy. I had set up my savings and was going to wait to buy a new one w/ cash. But mom called last week saying she said I could get this one for a deal. Thanks again!!!!

Hailey update - asked Amy this AM and she said surgery Friday on her good eye went well. They think she will have sight in it but not sure how much. Big news = she is out of ICU and in her own room. That is so awesome b/c it means everything is coming together for her to recover. Amy said she is going to visit at lunch and will update me more. I will post when I know more. Thanks for the prayers and keep them up!!!

Me and Matt are working on our marriage but it isn't what I wish it would/could be. We have a lot of baggage, trust issues, history and pain. We need to be more involved in church, SS, and Celebrate Recovery. WE talked a little a/b it this AM and he has agreed to stop drinking. Which is a HUGE issue w/ our marriage. But i am enabler, which only sends mixed signals to him. I do the same w/ Emma and have got to put my foot down and keep it down. I pray for strength!!!! I spoke to Jenn this morning a/b my concerns and I'm so thankful she has words of wisdom for me. Matt and I love each other very much and w/ that I feel, we can accomplish anything. Look how far we have come alredy!!!! We still have a long road ahead and have to put Christ first and foremost in our lives and marriage. Matt normally follows my lead, so I feel the pull to be more of a Godly wife and mother and a leader in my home. We are supposed to be team, but aren't quite there yet. With God's love and devotion and guidance, we can get there though. I want Emma to be able to look at BOTH of her parent's and say to herself 'that's what i want for my life and marriage'. I know, most paren't probably want the same thing. But it's up to us to make that happen and not to settle for second best. Please pray for our family!!!

BBL - Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment