Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our big girl!!!

I guess I don't have a baby anymore. I don't even think she is a 'Toddler' most days. Last night Emma helped me SO much w/o me even asking. I was unloading the dishwasher and she said 'Mommy, can I help?' I said 'of course' and started showing her where things went. She put the tupperware up, pots and pans, (although she grunted and said they were heavy), and put her forks, spoons, and med droppers in their right containers in their drawer.
Then she proceeded to count out all of the fish sticks to put on the tray to cook. After that she poured the noodles in the water for mac & cheese. When those were done she mixed in the cheese. Then she wanted to fix mine and daddy's plates. So I set out all the stuff and she spooned it all out onto our plates. I was so proud and she got her choice of a few stickers for reward.
She was getting ready for her bath later and I went in there to help her get undress and potty to find she had already pottied, wiped, taken off her pants and panties and was working on her shirt. I had to stop myself from helping her and just watched in amazement how big she has become. Then I heard her a few times in the bath talking to her Dora characters. She is the smartest and cutest thing ever!!! I am so proud but must admit I miss my baby. (then again she will always be my baby!!! Just like I still crawl in my mom's lap when I'm sick or hurt. I hope she comes to me like that forever.)

No comments:

Post a Comment