Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!!! 2009 will be a fantastic one for the Drinkard's I hope. We didn't do much but after last year, that's a good thing. We got Alisa and Emma and got fireworks and Taco Bell. (those who know me know that's my fav) At first Emma wasn't so sure and the sparklers kind of scared Matt and I. She did love the poppy things you throw on the ground. And Alisa and I had fun throwing them at mom's window when she was asleep. I know, so mean right? Dad helped Emma hold Roman Candles and I helped alisa. It is scary w/ kids and fireworks though. Emma stayed up too late but that is to be expected. We watched TV, hung out, played cards and just enjoyed bringing in the New YEar w/ our wonderful family.

New Years Day we cleaned and did laundry and visited Deb, Glenn and Michelle. Had wonderful food at my mom's and his. So it was a great start to a great year. I hope everyone reading had a wonderful one w/ their family also.

I woke this morning w/ a reminder of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful, beautiful, healthy, smart, funny family. They really are my blessing and I hope I can be the wife and mom they deserve. I do have a wonderful husband that respects and loves and listens to me adn loves being a dad and husband. I am very lucky!!!!

Now we are back at work and having to get back into the swing of things. I am sure everyone is doing the same. School starts back for Emma on Monday so we will be putting the house back together and getting all of her stuff ready for that. Fingers crossed the washing machine part comes in today so Matt and Papa can fix it this weekend. I am thankful though to have MeMaw next door to help w/ the laundry while it's out. Love to u all -

No comments:

Post a Comment