Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sleeping Girl - finally


My child slept through the night!!! WOOHOO!~!! I can't tell you the last time she did this. And she is 4 years old for goodness sakes. Her Pediatrician Dr. Webster (we both love her) said it is b/c we treat her like a princess during the day and cater to her every need. So at night, she does the same thing. She normally calls Matt in there at least 2x after I tuck her in for stupid stuff like 'cover me up, that shadow bothers me', etc. And usually calls one of us in there at least 1x during the night for something crazy too. Now if she is sick or has to tee-tee, I get that. But the stupid stuff was starting to get old. I figured it was seperation anxiety b/c of her dad being gone for almost a year and she just wanted to make sure he was there. But Dr. Webster said she has to learn to do on her own and be a big girl. Now Matt is better at this than me. For instance, letting her get herself dressed, brushing her own hair, taking her plate in the kitchen, etc. I do it b/c I am faster and get it done. But I can tell you I am working on all of it. She amazes me at what she can do on her own. She is now bathing herself while I either watch or tell her what to bathe next. And can do so many big girl things. Mainly she just does it when she wants to, instead of when I tell her to. I think I caught her rolling her eyes at me this AM b/c she wanted me to move her Little Pet Shop house (that Ashley and Shelby next door gave her last night, so sweet, and OMG that baby is the cutest baby ever and she is so scared of our cats) to the floor while I was drying my hair. Um, you are 4 and can do that on your own, come on!!!! So that is what we are battling these days. But she is so smart and I know she can and will do it. I guess this is the downfall to her being an only child and getting all of our attention 100% of the time.

HAven't heard anything a/b Hailey yet. But will continue to pray for her recovery and strength for her and the family.

God bless our country today as we watch history unfold. God bless our new President. It is history in the making - good or bad. We will see but I will pray for him no matter what. He has a tough road ahead of him no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kat!
    Emma is absolutely precious!!
    Thanks so much for checking out K.K's Hair Bows! I just went to Hobby Lobby on my lunchbreak today and brought some more cute ribbons - so check the website again soon! I will definitely look into getting a booth at a craft show somewhere...I need to sell lots of hair bows, so I can buy more Premiere Jewelry from Stephanie!! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete